Biomechanical assessment methodologies to improve the rehabilitation process
25 students from 10 different countries has attended the course Biomechanical assessment methodologies to improve the rehabilitation process (Biomechanics4Rehab) developed by European Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (ESPRM), the Spanish Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (SERMEF) and Instituto de Biomecánica (IBV) among the Mustafa Kemal Üniversitesi (MKÜ), Hitit Üniversitesi (HITIT) and Dipartamento di Bioengegneria – Politecnico de Milano (POLIMI).
The objectives of the course are:
- Introduce students into the most useful biomechanical assessment methodologies in the context of a rehabilitation service.
- Review of clinical cases where biomechanics is applied in the treatment of the most common impairments of the locomotor system.
- Learn the last technological advances used in the biomechanical valuation of locomotor disorders.
- Provide students with the ability of understanding the results from any biomechanical analysis.
- Learn the foundations of the biomechanical technology and its application as a tool to improve the rehabilitation processes.
This course, which pretends to foster the progression of the speciality Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation field and its harmonization at European level, has been carried out under the support of the project Biomechanics4Rehab, which has been funded by the European Union through the Erasmus+ Program (2013-1-TR1-LEO05-47549)
The course started past 15th November and ended the 15 th of January and had the invaluable support of the European Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (ESPRM) in its dissemination. A second edition is expected to be held during 2018.